See the Carpenter’s Helper newsletter for the Sixteenth Sunday after Pentecost and the week of September 12, 2021. This week, you will find announcements of two adult christian education opportunities, a reminder of our fall Sunday worship schedule, an update for Children’s Ministries, update for the Annual Bazaar, and a reminder of Novel Theology’s Zoom meeting this Sunday.
- Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. – “Do Good and Dessert,” A Special Evening Compline and dessert exchange.
- Sunday, September 12, 2021 – Children’s Ministry under the tent in the courtyard, between services.
- Sunday, September 12, 2021 at 9:30 a.m. – Novel Theology will discuss “Beneath the Scarlet Sky” by Mark Sullivan, live via Zoom. All are Welcome!
- Sunday, September 12, 2021 – the services will begin at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. We will also welcome back The Rev. Dr. Van Horne this Sunday. Fr. Howie returns next week.
- Sundays from 10:30-11 a.m., Communion at the Curb is offered for those who have not received the Sacrament in-person during the service. You do not need to sign up for this. ALL are WELCOME!
- Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m., lectionary bible study in the classroom.
- Wednesday at noon: Intercessory Prayer with Holy Communion, live on our YouTube channel and in-person with precautions. Here is the accompanying booklet.
- Thursday at 7 p.m.: Compline Evening Prayer with Deacon Cecily, live via Zoom. Here is the accompanying booklet.
- Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 10 a.m. – Pat McCullough funeral in-person with precautions and Live on YouTube channel. Light refreshments to follow and see Sally Price if you would like to contribute.
- Sunday, September 26, 2021 between services – A Celebration of Time and Talent! Door prizes and refreshments will make this a FUN event where we will give much deserved recognition to the many St. Thomas’s ministries and the people who keep them going.
During the dessert exchange following the Special Compline on September 11, 2021, we will be assembling some Go-Bags (rescheduled service activity from our Grove Gathering). Please consider bringing some items to donate to this cause. Here is a list of the requested contents:
- Protein serving (pasta, stew, tuna or chicken soup) – flip top cans only
- Granola or cereal bar
- 8 – 16 oz. Juice box
- Peanut butter/cheese crackers
- Fruit serving, such as single serve peaches, mixed fruit, applesauce, raisins
- Dessert optional (single serve pudding, cookies)
You will receive an emailed invitation to all the above events and their accompanying leaflets. As always, there are copies available to be mailed, so please let me know if you’d like a paper copy.
In this strange pandemic time, the church is aware that some of its members are struggling to make ends meet. If you are in this situation, please let the clergy know of your needs, pray for the church, and feel no guilt about your giving. But if you are able to give, options for giving include mailing a check to your church or online giving. See our Giving information.
The new Forward Day by Day booklets are available. Please feel free to stop into the lobby for a copy, or let me know if you’d like one mailed out to you! There are plenty in both large and small print.
If you have anything to add to the Parish calendar or the Carpenter’s Helper newsletter, please email the office at StThomassOffice@googlegroups.com.
To see all events or news, visit our website, check FaceBook, or check out the posted events on the board next to the name tag station. Recent Newsletters, Sermons, or Announcements are also available.
Cana Hartman, Parish Administrator
StThomassOffice@googlegroups.com or (302) 368-4644