See St. Thomas’s Carpenter’s Helper newsletter for news and events information for the Nineteenth Sunday after Pentecost and the week of October 3, 2021. This week, you will find announcements for two adult christian education opportunities, an invitation to the Blessing of the Animals next Sunday, and a preview of the Communion magazine article, which features some of the children of St. Thomas’s (there is an adorable familiar little face on the cover!).
Some of our events are as follows.
- Sunday worship services begin at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.:
- Sundays at 9 a.m. – Youth Confirmation in the Undercroft.
- Sundays, October 3, 10, and 17, 2021 at 9:15 a.m.: exploring Celtic Spirituality offered in-person with precautions and LIVE via Zoom. Meets in the parlor in-person with precautions and live via Zoom.
- Sundays at 10:15 a.m. – Children’s Ministries under the tent in the courtyard.
- Sundays from 10:30-11 a.m., Communion at the Curb is offered for those who have not received the Sacrament in-person during the service. You do not need to sign up for this. ALL are WELCOME!
- Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m., lectionary bible study in the classroom.Wednesday at noon: Intercessory Prayer with Holy Communion, live on our YouTube channel and in-person with precautions. Here is the accompanying booklet.
- Thursday at 7 p.m.: Compline Evening Prayer with Deacon Cecily, live via Zoom. Here is the accompanying booklet.
- Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 2 p.m. – Bob Bennett funeral in-person with precautions and Live on our YouTube channel.
- Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 2 p.m. – Blessing of the Animals in the Grove.
- Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 9:30 a.m. – Novel Theology will meet via Zoom to discuss “Small Great Things” by Jody Picoult.
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 10 a.m. – 2 Saints Readers, the book study that brings us together with our St. Nicholas friends, will be discussing “The Language of God, A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief” by Dr Francis S Collins, via Zoom. ALL are Welcome – you will receive an email invitation.
You will receive an emailed invitation to all the above events and their accompanying leaflets. As always, there are copies available to be mailed, so please let me know if you’d like a paper copy.
In this strange pandemic time, the church is aware that some of its members are struggling to make ends meet. If you are in this situation, please let the clergy know of your needs, pray for the church, and feel no guilt about your giving. But if you are able to give, options for giving include mailing a check to your church or online giving. See our Giving information.
The new Forward Day by Day booklets are available. Please feel free to stop into the lobby for a copy, or let me know if you’d like one mailed out to you! There are plenty in both large and small print.
To see all events or news, visit our website, check FaceBook, or check out the posted events on the board next to the name tag station. Recent Newsletters, Sermons, or Announcements are also available.
Cana Hartman, Parish Administrator
StThomassOffice@googlegroups.com or (302) 368-4644