Good morning faith family. See St. Thomas’s Carpenter’s Helper newsletter for news and events information for the Twenty-second Sunday after Pentecost and the week of October 24, 2021. This week, you will find information about the annual St. Thomas’s fall clean-up (11/6/21), an invitation to share a meal with ECM, a call for Blue Hen Bounty donations, a reminder of Tuesdays 2 Saints Readers book discussion, and Eye Spy sees a friend from far away.
Stewardship pledge packets have been mailed out. If you have not received yours, please let me know – I have extras.
Have you caught any of Fr. Howie and Fr. Jim’s phenomenal “Beatitudes- Conversations of Blessings” podcast?. If not, what are you waiting for? Every Friday, they bring a new episode full of thought provoking insight and each week they bring in a new special guest to provide even more angles. Visit the website for more info, and to catch up on any episodes you may have missed! https://beatitudes.online/podcast-series
Some of our events are as follows.
- Sunday worship services begin at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.:
- Sundays at 9 a.m. – Youth Confirmation in the Undercroft.
- Sundays at 10:15 a.m. – Children’s Ministries under the tent in the courtyard.
- Sundays from 10:30-11 a.m., Communion at the Curb is offered for those who have not received the Sacrament in-person during the service. You do not need to sign up for this. ALL are WELCOME!
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 10 a.m. – 2 Saints Readers, the book study that brings us together with our St. Nicholas friends, will be discussing “The Language of God, A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief” by Dr Francis S Collins, via Zoom. ALL are Welcome – you will receive an email invitation.
- Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m., lectionary bible study in the classroom.
- Wednesday at noon: Intercessory Prayer with Holy Communion, live on our YouTube channel and in-person with precautions. Here is the accompanying booklet.
- Thursday at 7 p.m.: Compline Evening Prayer with Deacon Cecily, live via Zoom. Here is the accompanying booklet.
- Monday, October 18, 2021 from 10 a.m. – noon – Hope Dining Room
- Saturday, November 6, 2021 from 8 a.m. – noon – St. Thomas’s Annual Fall Clean-up.
- Annual Bazaar on November 12-13, 2021 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. – come shop! Volunteer! All proceeds go to Outreach Ministries.
You will receive an emailed invitation to all the above events and their accompanying booklets. As always, there are copies available to be mailed, so please let me know if you’d like a paper copy.
In this strange pandemic time, the church is aware that some of its members are struggling to make ends meet. If you are in this situation, please let the clergy know of your needs, pray for the church, and feel no guilt about your giving. But if you are able to give, options for giving include mailing a check to your church or online giving. See our Giving information.
The new Forward Day by Day booklets are available. Please feel free to stop into the lobby for a copy, or let me know if you’d like one mailed out to you! There are plenty in both large and small print.
To see all events or news, visit our website, check FaceBook, or check out the posted events on the board next to the name tag station. Recent Newsletters, Sermons, or Announcements are also available.
Cana Hartman, Parish Administrator
StThomassOffice@googlegroups.com or (302) 368-4644