This American Heart Association Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / Automated External Defibrillator (AHA CPR/AED) Course is designed for anyone with limited or no medical training who wants to be prepared to save a life.
The class is offered on Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 9 a.m. at St. Thomas’s Parish on 276 S. College Ave., Newark, DE. There is no charge for St. Thomas’s parishioners but the class is available to the public for $15 per person.
Please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/324965248807
to register. If the class fills up, there will be a waiting list and potentially additional sessions.
What does this course teach?
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
Upon completion of all course requirements, participants receive a Heartsaver CPR AED Course Completion Card which is valid for two years.