Good morning faith family. This post serves as the St. Thomas’s Carpenter’s Helper newsletter for news and events information for the Third Sunday in Advent and the week of December 12, 2021. See the Christmas and Advent worship offerings below, as well as, the Christmas dedications form. Please have everything turned in by the end of next week – December 12, 2021. You can mail, email, or drop your dedication in the mailbox on the office door, or use the Giving form. The suggested donation amount is $25, however, there is no required minimum or limit. The greening of the church building will again be modest this year; in this season, our priorities are staying safe and helping our neighbors. So, the donations collected will go towards those priorities. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions about the schedule or the Christmas dedications.
To all persons who use St Thomas’s Parish envelopes for their 2022 contributions: please contact Jeanne Moore at email@example.com. She will address and number them for you and have them ready for pickup in the Great Hall or Cana’s office by December 20, 2021. The printing company sends them out to us after December 1, 2021.
Some of our worship events are as follows.
- Sunday worship services begin at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.:
- 8:00 a.m. – Holy Eucharist, Rite I spoken, in-person with precautions and online on our YouTube channel (8:00 booklet)
- 10:30 a.m. – Holy Eucharist, Rite II with music, in-person with precautions and online on our YouTube channel (10:30 booklet)
- 5:00 p.m. – Advent service in-person with precautions on Nov. 28 – Dec. 19, 2021.
- Wednesday worship at noon: Intercessory Prayer with Holy Communion in-person with precautions. Here is the accompanying booklet.
- Thursday worship at 7 p.m.: Compline Evening Prayer with Deacon Cecily, live via Zoom. Here is the accompanying booklet.
Other events follow:
- Sundays at 9 a.m. – Youth Confirmation in the Undercroft.
- Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 9:30 a.m. – Novel Theology will meet via Zoom to discuss “Gift from the Sea” by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- Sundays at 10:15 a.m. – Children’s Ministries in the Undercroft.
- Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. – lectionary bible study in the classroom.
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 5:45 p.m. – Christmas concert and cookies
- Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 11 a.m. – Robert Doggett funeral
- Sunday, December 19, 2021- Children’s Christmas pageant during the 10:30am service
- Sunday, December 19, 2021- St. Thomas’s cookie exchange following the 10:30 a.m. service
- Monday, December 20, 2021 from 10 a.m.-noon – St. Thomas’s serves at Hope Dining Room
- Friday, December 24, 2021- Christmas Eve services at 5 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Saturday, December 25, 2021 – Christmas Day worship at 10 a.m.
- Sunday, December 26, 2021 – “normal” 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday services
You will receive an emailed invitation to all the above events and their accompanying booklets. As always, there are copies available to be mailed, so please let me know if you’d like a paper copy.
In this strange pandemic time, the church is aware that some of its members are struggling to make ends meet. If you are in this situation, please let the clergy know of your needs, pray for the church, and feel no guilt about your giving. But if you are able to give, options for giving include mailing a check to your church or online giving. See our Giving information.
The new Forward Day by Day booklets are available. Please feel free to stop into the lobby for a copy, or let me know if you’d like one mailed out to you! There are plenty in both large and small print.
To see all events or news, visit our website, check FaceBook, or check out the posted events on the board next to the name tag station. Recent Newsletters, Sermons, or Announcements are also available.
Cana Hartman, Parish Administrator
StThomassOffice@googlegroups.com or (302) 368-4644