Greetings from the Property Ministry.
We wanted to thank those who helped the Property Ministry care for St. Thomas’s this spring. We had a few people fill out leaves on the Property Care Tree in the foyer.
- Rob & Jackson Hartman removed the rusty old basketball goal from the pole.
- Plus, Rob and Jackson started helping the mowing ministry for the cemetery.
- Paul Lyons helped to trim the bushes by the stained glass windows, letting lots more light shine though to light those beautiful windows.
- Plus Paul and his wife Wanda helped to trim the azaleas in the cemetery.
- Alan Lynam provided assistance in assessing the issues with the collapsing wall on the back stairwell. In addition he spent a couple of mornings cutting out some scrub trees in the back of the parking lot and removing some large branches that came down in the Grove during a storm.
- Tom Price has worked countless hours over the last year with some occasional help from Sally and Sue Houghton to refinish one of the teak benches. It is a real beauty.
- Fr. Howie has spent time picking up downed branches in the Grove.
The following is the current list of opportunities for helping out over the Summer. Please feel free to tackle any of these items and fill out a leaf on the Property tree so that we know you helped out. If you are interested in helping, but not sure what to do you can email the Property Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to Sue Houghton.
Summer at St. Thomas’s
• Trim suckers in the Grove
• Plant annuals
• Water annuals
• Clear out stairwells
• Water pots as needed
• Water annuals as needed
• Remove vines from trees in the Grove
• Bush Trimming as needed
Bigger Jobs Non-Seasonal
• Paint Doors
• Scrape and paint trim on windows
Summer Cemetery Jobs
(Mowing Ministry: Contact Wayne Weaver to be part of the rotation
of mowers May thru September)
• Flower Bed Weeding
• Vine Trimming as needed
• Dead wooding trees as needed