St. Thomas’s Cemetery is located a few blocks from the current church building.
There is no parking lot at St. Thomas’s Cemetery so we recommend parking at the University of Delaware Trabant University Center Parking Garage whose entrance is on Main Street. The garage is pay to park.
St. Thomas’s Cemetery: 58 West Delaware Avenue, Newark, Delaware (just past the former church building and Delaware Avenue)
Current Church address: St. Thomas’s Parish, 276 S. College Ave. Newark Delaware 19711
St. Thomas’s Cemetery is located on West Delaware Avenue, Newark Delaware adjacent to the former St. Thomas’s church building at 23 South Main (formerly Elkton Road). The Cemetery property was separated from the former church property in the 1950’s when the parish moved to its current location on South College Avenue. The former St. Thomas’s church building is now owned by the University of Delaware and known as Bayard Sharp Hall.
Directions to parking for the Cemetery from St. Thomas’s Parish building (276 S. College Ave.): turn left onto South College Avenue and go about 1/2 mile through three traffic lights to the T-intersection of South College Avenue and Main Street. At this light, turn left onto Main Street and get into the left lane. The University of Delaware Trabant University Center parking garage is on your left. Enter the parking garage and park. Access to the Cemetery is best from walking to the rear of the garage, opposite to the garage entrance.