Good morning faith family. See St. Thomas’s Carpenter’s Helper newsletter for news and events information for the First Sunday in Advent and the week of November 28, 2021. This week, you will find the Advent Sunday worship schedule, a reminder from Jeanne about pledge envelopes, and another exciting Blue Hen Bounty donation from Diwali Food Drive.
To all persons who use St Thomas’s Parish envelopes for their 2022 contributions: please contact Jeanne Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will address and number them for you and have them ready for pickup in the Great Hall or Cana’s office by December 20, 2021. The printing company sends them out to us after December 1, 2021.
Some of our events are as follows.
- Sunday worship services begin at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.:
- 8:00 a.m. – Holy Eucharist, Rite I spoken, in-person with precautions and online on our YouTube channel (8:00 booklet)
- 10:30 a.m. – Holy Eucharist, Rite II with music, in-person with precautions and online on our YouTube channel (10:30 booklet)
- 5:00 p.m. – Advent service in-person with precautions on Nov. 28 – Dec. 19, 2021.
- Sundays at 9 a.m. – Youth Confirmation in the Undercroft.
- Sundays at 10:15 a.m. – Children’s Ministries under the tent in the courtyard.
- Sundays from 10:30-11 a.m., Communion at the Curb is offered for those who have not received the Sacrament in-person during the service. You do not need to sign up for this. ALL are WELCOME!
- Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m., lectionary bible study in the classroom.
- Wednesday at noon: Intercessory Prayer with Holy Communion in-person with precautions. Here is the accompanying booklet.
- Thursday at 7 p.m.: Compline Evening Prayer with Deacon Cecily, live via Zoom. Here is the accompanying booklet.
- Sunday, December 2, 2021 at 9:30 a.m. – Novel Theology will meet via Zoom to discuss “Gift from the Sea” by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- Saturday, December 18, 2021, at 11 a.m. – Robert Doggett funeral
You will receive an emailed invitation to all the above events and their accompanying booklets. As always, there are copies available to be mailed, so please let me know if you’d like a paper copy.
In this strange pandemic time, the church is aware that some of its members are struggling to make ends meet. If you are in this situation, please let the clergy know of your needs, pray for the church, and feel no guilt about your giving. But if you are able to give, options for giving include mailing a check to your church or online giving. See our Giving information.
The new Forward Day by Day booklets are available. Please feel free to stop into the lobby for a copy, or let me know if you’d like one mailed out to you! There are plenty in both large and small print.
To see all events or news, visit our website, check FaceBook, or check out the posted events on the board next to the name tag station. Recent Newsletters, Sermons, or Announcements are also available.
Cana Hartman, Parish Administrator
StThomassOffice@googlegroups.com or (302) 368-4644